1. FO Alert. I finished a knit this week! Tragically, when we left on our trip to L.A. last month, I didn’t pack enough knitting. Wes accused me of planning it that way, but I actually left a project at home accidentally. What’s a girl to do but engage in a little yarn tourism? I picked up two skeins of crazy pink/peach yarn (oddly enough reminiscent of flamingos) of Baah Yarn La Jolla from L’Atelier in Redondo Beach. Before going to the store I had already picked out a pattern. I decided to knit Volga by SweaterFreakKnits. I basically ended up knitting up about 750 yards of fingering weight yarn in less than 2 weeks! I love it and can’t wait to wear it.
2. The Spins. I didn’t take my wheel with me when we went to L.A., but I did get home and finish a few spins. The one from this week is ultra-luxurious and reminds me of Sugar Plums. It’s my favorite fiber – South African Superfine Merino, but it also has silk in it. I’ll be honest in that it wasn’t my favorite to spin because it was super slippery, but it is so amazingly soft and supple. I’m tempted to keep this one for myself, but I put it up in the shop in case it tempts any of you!
3. In My Mug. This week I confess I have strayed into the world of coffee. I generally prefer tea, but occasionally I do enjoy a good cup of coffee. This week I’m drinking one of my favorite roasts from the local coffee company: The Roasterie’s French Caramel Cream. The Roasterie coffees are not for the faint of heart because they are air roasted for maximum taste and caffeination, but I do like this one! The mug is a special one from Jennie The Potter in her sunflower stencils, which reminds me of Kansas sunflowers.
4. VLOGMAS. So I haven’t ever participated in VLOGMAS because I don’t think I have enough interesting, fun things to share to do a podcast daily, but I am enjoying everyone else’s VLOGMAS videos and I might be filing away ideas to do it myself for next year. Treat yourself one evening. Gather a cup of your favorite beverage, your knitting or other crafting, and see what everyone’s up to!
5. Podcasts. Do you enjoy listening to podcasts? I do. I listen to a variety but they broadly fall under knitting/crafting, fountain pen, politics, and pop culture. The one I’m enjoying recently is the Very Serious Crafts podcast. It’s a bit more like eavesdropping in on a knitting group than it is an instructional podcast, but I find Heidi, Hailey, and Mollie endlessly amusing. Give it a listen.
0 thoughts on “Friday Five: Flamingo”
The knitting and yarn is gorgeous! I love buying tarn when I’m away!