I’ve fallen down a bit on my Friday Fives because the last few weeks have been busy with travel and more. So here’s a Friday Five that covers what I’ve been up to! 1. London. Wes’s company asked him to travel to London for work for a few weeks in January and I took the… Continue reading Friday Five: Travels & Knits Oh My!
Each year I waffle on whether to make resolutions, mostly because I can’t always anticipate the way the year will go and if I’ll even want to continue what I started by the time I’m halfway through the year. So rather than call them resolutions, let’s just call them goals. Goal 1: Publish 4 knitting… Continue reading Friday Five: Goals for 2019
1. Ripples. In the past week I’ve felt the urge to pull out my crochet scrappy sock ripple afghan. Most of you know I’m not much of crocheter. I’m mostly self taught and I don’t find it nearly as intuitive as knitting, but I do enjoy it. This week I’ve been adding some leftovers of… Continue reading Friday Five:
1. New LYS. This past weekend I went over to YarnSocial – the newest yarn store in Kansas City. My friend Christine of Treasure Goddess Yarn, was hosting a trunk show. The shop is super cute with two main rooms. The first is full of gorgeous yarns, floor to ceiling. I’m really impressed at the… Continue reading Friday Five
1. FO Alert. I finished a knit this week! Tragically, when we left on our trip to L.A. last month, I didn’t pack enough knitting. Wes accused me of planning it that way, but I actually left a project at home accidentally. What’s a girl to do but engage in a little yarn tourism? I… Continue reading Friday Five: Flamingo
I got off track with traveling last week, but this week I’m back and have lots to share! 1. NaKniSweMo Completed! You won’t be seeing this sweater on the blog anymore because it’s done. I worked on it on the way out California and finished before we headed home. I LOVE this sweater. I still… Continue reading Friday Five
1. NaKniSweMo: NaKniSweMo is progressing nicely! On Thursday night I finished the body of my cardigan and I’m at over 40K stitches, so once I complete the sleeves I should be at 50K stitches! So far I’m loving this yarn to bits – it’s soft and squishy to knit up and the colorway, especially knit… Continue reading Friday Five
1. Bubble Tea. I’m excited to announce that I launched a new pattern this week! Bubble Tea is an all-over cabled blanket that’s perfect for a baby or for a fun throw for your couch. Knit up in 5 skeins of Brown Sheep Stratosphere (Superwash DK yarn), it’s the perfect size for a little one… Continue reading Friday Five
1. NaKniSweMo: Do you NaKniSweMo? I’ve talked about this madness in years past where I try and knit a sweater of 50,000 stitches (or more!) in the month of November. This year I’m no less mad than before, so I’m going to be knitting the Waits by Bristol Ivy in my yummy Lamby Toes Sweet… Continue reading Friday Five.
As you might have noticed, I’ve been struggling with blogging in the last several months. So I’m going to try a new feature – the Friday Five. I’ll include things I want to knit and spin, my current works in progress, what’s in my mug, and anything else I find of interest! 1. Dream Knitting:… Continue reading Friday Five